Followers

Friday, October 5, 2007

Week #21 Harvesting and reviewing coverage levels.

This is Lonnie Sewell with this week’s crop insurance update, brought to you by the Sewell Agency in Chillicothe committed to informing farmers about crop insurance.
Well I finished with my corn harvest last week and it was better than I thought it would be. I hope most of you found the same. Soybeans are turning fast several acres being harvested now. If you have any units close to your insurance guarantee, be sure and turn in a claim. If you don’t have a claim it can be withdrawn later.
Wheat signup has passed; I hope you took the time to review your coverage levels. 70% RA was the most popular option this year because of the $1.50 per bushel limits on CRC and the large spread between cash wheat and the July 2008 futures. RA or Revenue Assurance looked to be the best.
View this update and others online at Blog4020.blogspot.com. If you have crop insurance questions call Tanya or myself at the Sewell Agency phone 800 281 4020 your connection to crop protection.

No comments: